The month of June has arrived marking the fifth anniversary of blogging. I have enjoyed sharing all of the many articles, pictures and links to more in-depth reading about so many subjects. Readers have followed me on my travels from home here, in PA and the New York Metro area to Amsterdam, London, the Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Jinan (my second city) and several other cities throughout mainland China. Places like Qufu, Xi’an, Beijing, Shanghai I have shared a wide range of interesting information about art, food & cooking, gardening, music, mythology, outdoor activities, poetry, travel, and much more. I’ve also tried to relate all of these many subjects into a unique language learning experience for each student.
My students have improved their language skills through reading, writing, listening and speaking in English. The purpose has always been to use this site as a teaching aid, to make learning fun and interesting. I like to think of this blog as a starting point to open dialogue on a vast array of topics.
With the goal of continuing to offer new and interesting material to readers I have some questions for you. I would appreciate each of my readers taking a few minutes to share their responses in the comment section. This will help me become a better teacher and communicator.
If you prefer to comment anonymously, please feel free to do so.
- On average how much time do you spend each week reading articles on this blog?
- Do you check-out the links within the articles?
- Are the links useful and informative?
- In what way has reading this blog helped you to improve your English language skills? ( i.e. I am more relaxed when I am using my second language, or, My vocabulary has improved.)
- Are there any subjects that you would like to read / learn more about?
- Did you find the material easy to understand?
- What was your favorite article about art or music?
- What was your favorite article about food and cooking?
- What was your favorite article about travel?
- Can you name any other article that you really enjoyed?